2017 Polestar Collaborative Culinary Camp for High School Students
Eating on a small planet
….with dignity and cooperation.
- Build a fire, grill flatbread, crush mulberries…eat
- Climb a coconut palm, ferment the flesh…eat
- Harvest a green papaya, make a salad…eat
- Eat, eat, eat.
Our students will strive to encounter basic knowledge and experiences that support practices of healthy living while developing productive life-skills.
What exactly do we think we are doing with this Culinary Arts experience?
- Prepare and preserve foods suited to good health safely and with joy.
- Evoke individual confidence in health while learning to eat with conscience.
The theme of this 5-day program is ‘the fridge is busted” and we will focus on how to feed ourselves accordingly. Such as, preparing every meal fresh and using traditional methods of preservation, such as salt and fire. We will harvest and prepare on property from scratch all of the food necessary to support ourselves.
Our activities are helping to focus Polestar’s vision of a rustic commercial kitchen and open air cafe.
Have you got what it takes? Join us anyway! Fill out your application here.
CLICK HERE for FAQs
Program Fee: $175
*Kama’aina Program Fee: $75
Note: Class size is limited to 5