We’ve come a long way! …a brief history of Polestar
Polestar began in Sonoma County, California in the summer of the year 2000. Early years included a residential learning center, ongoing spiritual, educational, and cultural events, and apprenticeship opportunities for young adults. Unable to find suitable land for expansion, Polestar moved to the Big Island in early 2005. Within three years, our new land was purchased and the new community was under construction.
The years that followed produced a wealth of opportunities for Polestar to serve and expand that continue to this day. With gardens, greenhouses, photo-voltaic systems, houses, temples, and much more to be designed and created, the building of Polestar has been not only a primary educational event, but a large part of our spiritual practice as well.
Students from all over the world have come to help, to learn, and to add their unique energy to this creative process and we are deeply grateful for their contributions! Many of them have found their experience here to be transformational. All during this time, Polestar continues to host community service projects, youth camps, yoga and meditation for the benefit of the greater community.
One of Polestar’s core ideals is the power of community in education; that it ‘takes a village’, not only raise a child but to ensure a connected, fulfilled, and meaningful life for all. Our future plans include a senior living center, expanded orchards and gardens, a new temple, school, and much, much more. We so appreciate both the opportunity to serve and the ongoing the support of all of our extended community. .
Support the Vision
Polestar owes all of its success to date to the ongoing contributions of time, energy, resources and financial help of so many generous and dedicated souls – Mahalo (thank you!) to each of you! Through your contributions, we have touched the lives of literally thousands of students of all ages who have found spiritual upliftment, divine friendship, adventure, and a deep sense of community through our many programs and events. All Donations are tax deductible.
One way you can support Polestar’s ongoing mission…
Becoming a part of our Ohana gives you the opportunity to tithe to a Non-Profit which is supporting your deeper connections with other like-minded souls and with Spirit.
- Make a recurring monthly pledge (or Subscription) and Join the ‘Polestar Ohana’. Join the Polestar Ohana (extended family) with a pledge of $20 – $500 per month. Ohana members enjoy free access to many of our ongoing classes, kirtans, silent retreats, meditations and yoga, ongoing access to the grounds and community center, and a 10% discount on all other visits, programs and products. The more time you spend in and around our community the more you will understand the uniqueness of the opportunity.
- It’s easy to set up a Subscription with the PayPal Subscription button below and it’s easy to Unsubscribe should you wish to cancel it.
Contribute a One-Time Offering
You are also welcome to specify a one-time offering amount. Polestar is owned and operated by Polestar Gardens, Inc., a registered 501(c3) organization (Tax ID #68-0453822), so all donations are tax-deductible. Ongoing costs at Polestar include mortgage, salaries and maintenance and your donation keeps these all moving forward.
Targeted donation for a specific project
Help Polestar tackle a specific need by making a contribution earmarked for a certain project. Our wish list includes sustainability project, youth programs and more … read more about Polestars wish list
- $25,000 Planning, road work and initial infrastructure improvements for the Ageless Living Center.
- $8,500 Solar Hot Water Heater: This project is pre-plumbed and ready to go!
- $600 – $5,000 Youth Scholarships. Help us make the Polestar Internship experience available to more young students! Many of our local young adults need financial support to participate in our programs: your donation will help make this life-changing experience available to them!
- $90,000 Community Center improvements: A new stage, septic system, lighting, plumbing, planning for our new commercial kitchen and more: with a little bit of funding support,this project is ready to move forward!
- $25,000 Master planning for special permit, temple, ageless living center, and all the related infrastructure.
Mahalo for your support!
Invest in our land and property
Polestar’s current mortgage was financed by ‘Friends of Polestar LLC’ a crowd-funding model that provides a reasonable rate of return on a secured investment. We are looking for investors to refinance this note in 2019. Please contact Ann or Michael (808) 443-9965 for more information.
Amazon Donates Money To Polestar!
If you like to shop at Amazon, you can make your regular purchases through the new AmazonSmile program in Polestar’s name. They will donate 0.5% of any purchase to our educational non-profit. Go to www.smile.amazon.com. and designate Polestar Garden as the beneficiary.
Start Shopping for Polestar at Amazon!
You may designate Polestar Gardens to receive a bequest of any size from your will, trust, or retirement plan. Please contact Ann or Michael (808) 443-9965 for more information.