February 4 – 9, 2018
The Art of Conscious Aging
It’s generally assumed that the solutions we’re seeking come from outside ourselves, but, in fact, frequently the problems – as well as the solutions – arise from within us. The focus of this workshop, The Art of Conscious Aging, is to invite shifts in consciousness away from self-limitation, lack, isolation, and fear and toward expansiveness, inclusiveness, wholeness, connection, compassion and forgiveness. We each embody our unique creative process in this journey, as well in sharing common challenges and victories.
The Workshop Experience Will:
- Explore the unexamined self-limiting beliefs, assumptions, and fears about aging
- Learn to manage fears and those of their loved ones in the presence of death through the transformative power of surrender and acceptance
- Participate in Hawaiian Ho’oponopono as an exercise in forgiveness and making right
- Develop confidence and flexibility about the aging process through activities such as affirmation, meditation, service, and inspiration
- Navigate the practical elements of aging, including health issues, finances, and caregiving
- Cultivate a personal roadmap for the aging journey by deepening our spiritual life and learning to make each moment matter
- Daily opportunities for rest and relaxation or for visiting local beaches and attractions
Format: 5-day guided retreat (price covers 6 nights)
Pre-registration required: Yes
Early Registration Discount: 10% registration by 11/1/17. Registration and payment-in-full to be made by 11/1/17 to qualify for discount.
Accommodations: Tent, Tent Cabin and Private Rooms.
(LIMITED SPACE AVAILABLE, All Private Indoor rooms have been reserved.)
Note: Program begins with Sunday Evening Orientation and ends with Friday Evening Wrap-up. Breakfast will be included on Saturday morning.
$990 Tent rate – Single (shared bathroom)
$1100 Tent Cabin – Single (shared bathroom)
$1600 Tent Cabin – Double (shared bathroom)
$1200 Indoor Room – Single (shared bathroom)
$1800 Indoor Room – Double (shared bathroom)
$1500 Indoor Room – Single (private bathroom)
$2100 Indoor Room – Double (private bathroom)
$200 deposit per person will hold your space (fully refundable with 30 days notice)
- 5 glorious days enjoying the beauty of the Big Island with like-minded seniors
- Daily yoga and meditation practice available in our community temple
- Trips to the warm pond, snorkeling, touring, farmers markets, hula, dolphins, whales and more!
- Classes and conversations on the spiritual life of seniors
- Workshops with health providers and consultants on various practical aspects of aging.
- Delicious vegetarian food, much of it home-grown organic
- Massage and spa opportunities
For many years, Polestar has provided fun and uplifting programs for young adults. This coming winter, we especially want to invite those seniors who would like to share the blessings and challenges of aging together. This is not only a wonderful and uplifting way to spend a vacation in Hawaii but also an opportunity to explore the Polestar Ageless Living Experience and deepen one’s understanding of the purpose of our lives. Though we will have plenty of time for relaxation and informal conversation, there will also be many adventures and opportunities to explore the Big Island as well. We will meditate, serve, play, and explore the spiritual life together. We hope you can join us for the Polestar Ageless Living Program!
To sign up, CLICK HERE.
For more information about senior living at Polestar Gardens, CLICK HERE.